Sunday 15 July 2018

ESAD Designer Series Paper buy 3, get 1 free promotion blog hop -

Hi and welcome to another amazing ESAD blog hop. This one is featuring the Designer Series paper where you can buy 3 and get one free - only for the month of July. Click here to see the ones that are available for this promotion.
Now you are thinking what is ESAD? It stands for Extra Special Australiasian Demonstrators and at the end of my blog is a more detailed explanation - please take the time to have a read.
Now you may have popped across from my friend Barb and I can't wait to see what she has made.
It was such a hard decision on what paper to use but I went with one that you can get for free  when you buy 3 called
Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper 146338

Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper

Just a close up of the papers with leaves on them.

Love the patterns and the colours in the DSP and that the colours used are on the back - how good is that!
I love using the Curtain fold so my first card used that with the lovely Mint Macaron as the base card with the birthday wishes stamped in Cajun Craze. 
To stop the fold being through the complete piece of dsp. I scored at 3" and then placed the top edge at 1 1/2" mark and then tilted the bottom till it was at the 3" score mark and cut the bottom piece off.
Then continued on with my score marks at 4",6",7",9"and 10". My original piece was 4" by 11 1/2 " as I wanted some Mint Macaron showing on each edge of the fold.  
Used the lovely framelit from the Stitched Labels on page 220 - wanted a small Birthday Wishes so it didn't cover the folds.


Then I used the piece I had cut off and placed across the Cajun Craze and cut the extra off. The leaves from the Nature's Roots framelits -page 218 were just what I needed to balance the pearlized Doily (I sponged the edge in Cajun Craze - hard to see in the photos).

 
Just a close up of the leaves from the Rooted in Nature Bundle - page 143.


 Now it is onto Libby and I can't wait to see her creation and then seeing what everyone has made. If you get lost in the blog hop just click on the participant list below which will get you back on track.


No automatic alt text available.


Until next time
Happy stamping


Maree xxx


15 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Maree. I love that paper, and I love how you used it for the drape fold. Thanks for sharing how you made that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Maree and I love how you have showcased the DSP. Thanks for hopping with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely cards! I've never tried a curtain card before, but I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic cards! I've never tried the curtain fold card before but really must give it a go. Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Maree, I haven't ever done a curtain fold before but what a great way to show off the DSP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun way to use DSP and a great reminder that the bottom off cut isn't a waste! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards Maree! I havent done this style of card for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Maree. I love how you've used the off cut on the second card. The DSP is very effective on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Maree so pretty and I still haven’t made a curtain card! I must do it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Maree. Your curtain fold card is such a fabulous way to showcase the DSP. Thanks for sharing your projects with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous cards both of them. I adore the layers of your second card and love that curtain fold design too. It showcases the DSP perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, Maree. I think I need this suite purely for those leaves! I love the way you've made two cards from one piece of paper. Can't waste any of that lovliness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Maree, 2 very different cards created from one piece of DSP.
    I need to start creating unique cards. Thanks for sharing
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I had forgotten about that fold. It really is such a great way to show off both sides of the DSP. I feel mean taping one side down sometimes! And such a clever way to use the cut off piece! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great fold, Maree - it's perfect for showing both sides of the beautiful paper. Love that you got a 2nd card out of the cutoff piece!

    ReplyDelete