Wednesday 26 July 2017

#tgifc117 Theme Week - Summertime Blues



Its winter here so I thought I would create some lovely blue skies so that I can dream of the warmth to come in our Australian summer. I am submitting my card in the #TGIFC117 challenge which is themed Summertime Blues
I  blended the following colours in a wash onto some shimmery white cardstock. Started at the top - water washed Pacific Point then Tempting Turquoise then Marina Mist and finally Old Olive.
I also washed the blues onto a separate piece of shimmery white and cut out a rose. I also cut a rose out of Night of Navy. Stuck the outline of the Night of Navy rose down and filled it in with the lighter blue pieces.

Stamped the Happy Birthday in Archival Basic Black ink. The stamp is from the Rose Wonder stampset which can be found on page 162 of the Stampin' Up! catalogue.



Don't forget to hop over and see all the amazing cards at TGIF Challenges





Thank you for stopping by
Until next time
happy stamping

Maree




List Of Products:


Stamps and Dies:  Rose Wonder stampset

Cardstock & DSP:   Shimmery White cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Night of Navy cardstock

Ink:  Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Archival Basic Black Ink

Other odds and ends required:  Stampin' Trimmer, Clear Blocks, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Snail Adhesive,Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Rose Garden Thinlits


2 comments:

  1. I love the soft background that you have created on your card here! It is so fitting for the "Summertime Blues" theme! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at TGIF Challenges! We look forward to seeing you again! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolynn for your kind words

    ReplyDelete